A new study by security firm Preempt.com has found some startling security habits that could cause IT security breach’s to occur.
The following is a list of things employees are most likely doing at your company that are compromising your security practices:
- 1 out of 3 employees found security work arounds in order to get their work done faster.
- 25% of employees tried to access work that they weren’t supposed to access.
- 60% of those same employees were successful in accessing that data.
- 41% of employees used the same username and passwords at work that they do at home
- 8 out of 10 employees aren’t sure if their username and passwords were compromised during security breaches online.
- Of the 20% of employees that are aware if there credentials were stolen only 6 out of 10 employees would update their password, and only on the account that was breached ie linkedin.com – they would however keep using the same password everywhere else.
- 1 in 4 employees admitted to sharing credentials with other employees in the workplace to access resources.
- Employees are overconfident in their IT security behavior with over 40% of them placing themselves in the top 25% of all employees in their company in terms of their awareness to cyber threats.
Original study here